Saturday, June 28, 2014

Know Your Audience

I can honestly say that I enjoy taking online classes, but that the discussion posts and responses has always been my least favorite part of taking online classes. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this last discussion on knowing your audience; that was the first time I had ever seen that many participants and responses on a discussion board for one topic. I loved answering all of the questions and seeing what everyone answered on mine. As far as asking the questions goes, I figured there would be some serious ones and some not so serious, so I was not surprised to see the variety. I was surprised though at some of the answers. I think that a lot of times people try to answer differently than their peers, for fear of getting less of a grade or maybe something else, but a lot of people stated that would have to agree with so and so. I liked that, because they weren't afraid to agree, and sometimes the things they were agreeing with were understandable statements. I don't think that these questions will change my style of writing, because as I have said before, I anticipated the differences. Had this been a specialized class or something, where everyone would have put similar questions or answers, I may have rethought how to write towards them as my audience. But since there is so much diversity, it allows me to write in different ways (if I could) or stay the same, which I probably will.  

1 comment:

  1. Good summary - move to analysis by asking why. Why did people answer the way that they did? What does this all mean. Defining the meaning will bring you to analysis. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete