Friday, June 27, 2014

NCNS

It is so frustrating having to do someone else's job because they didn't feel like showing up for work; and then having to listen to them make demands on what hours they want to work in the future. No. I am the manager, you wrote on your application that you could work any hours, any day. If I need the extra help and you can't come in on your day off or stay late, etch, that's fine, because it wasn't your scheduled shift. But do not constantly change your availability because you don't feel like working. If the schedule is already made, deal with it. I have no problem making changes every now and then if something comes up in your life that you didn't know about or forgot about, I'm not that difficult, but don't expect it all of the time, especially if you take advantage of the opportunities. You don't realize that when you call in, or just don't show up at all, without a phone call, like you did today, I'm the one that works those extra hours. Me or the assistant manager. I don't get overtime pay like you do. Neither does he. We work all of those extra hours to appease you and the rest of the staff, as well as to better serve the store. Do not take advantage of managers. Eventually we will decide that dealing with an unreliable and rude employee such as yourself is just not worth it. We will interview and hire someone to replace you. So please, next time, just come in, or at the very least, just leave a message as to why you can't be at work. Bring a doctors note... something. It's the very least you can do. Or even a thank you for covering your shift (multiple times) when you know I could be at home doing my class work or enjoying my day off too.



Fluency Journal/Blog Entry 2- 5/27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment