Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blog Reflection

I was not excited about having to keep a blog for this class. I didn't like the idea of other people reading my writing, no matter how good or bad it is. I was really reluctant at first. The biggest thing that changed my mind with blogging though were the free writing assignments that we had to do for warm UPS and essays. First of all, practicing the free writing helped me with me essays a lot, especially with the brainstorming part. Sometimes my biggest struggle in writing is just getting started. Free writing was a great way for me to try to fix that. Another reason that I enjoyed free writing is because it helped me gain comfort with blogging. The more I wrote, the less awkward I felt about the whole situation. I never wrote anything that I felt needed to stay private or anything like that, but I still felt weird, so free writing helped me over come that. I also enjoyed the blogs of other students. It gave me a chance to get to know some of my classmates better. I really liked some of the blogs that other students posted, plus it gave me ideas on some of my future blog posts. The discussion board in our online class was very helpful with that as well. Sometimes I just couldn't think about anything on the spot and going to the discussion board or other people's blogs helped with that. After seeing other people's thoughts, I realized that there was so much to say, so many topics that I could have written about, so I felt silly when I had a mind blank. Overall, this assignment has helped me in the subject of English. I feel as though I have gained a bit more confidence with the writing process as a whole, and I have a new respect for writers, bloggers, and journalists who do this every single day. I realize that they enjoy it, and that is wonderful, but I'm sure even they get tired sometimes and yet they still push through it and write, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment