Thursday, July 10, 2014

Vacation!

I am so excited for this week! We flew out yesterday, and that was a blast all on it's own. My brother and I are very close, so I could not have picked a better travel buddy. Once we got here we stayed up a few hours to talk to my stepmom and her new boyfriend, but then we went to bed, and passed out quick. She apologized over and over for not having anything planned for today, my brother and I were grateful and told her not to be sorry. Part of being on vacation is relaxing. We had both had a rough couple of weeks, and sitting all day with no obligations or work to get ready for is wonderful sometimes. Tomorrow the real fun begins though. I mentioned in a previous post that my boyfriend and I like to do the urban exploration, and I convinced my family to do some exploring with me this week. Tomorrow we are heading to upstate New York to explore the Hudson River Hospital, which has been abandoned for the past decade. After that we are going to an abandoned subway in New York. My boyfriend is definitely going to be jealous that he isn't seeing them! Later this week we are going to the beach and boardwalk, of course, what tourist would miss that? We also have a lot of family up here to visit. My aunt is supposed to teach us how to go crabbing one morning. We are driving to NYC for some fun one day and D.C. for the museums on another day. My brother is into cars, so at some point we will be going to a car museum for all of the old muscle cars. It's definitely going to be a fun week. I know I've been looking forward to this week since we decided to take the trip in December. I'm sure my brother has too.

No comments:

Post a Comment