Sunday, July 13, 2014

Princeton

After getting kicked out of the hospital, the family and I ventured to the town of Princeton, because my stepmom's boyfriend grew up there. He wanted to show us his old schools, hangouts, and homes. He also wanted to take us to the university. He said he knew that I liked old buildings and so did my brother, so he wanted to show us the college. It is known that Princeton is one of the oldest in the United States, and because of that, the buildings that make up the college are stunning. They are so elegant and detailed in the architecture. I felt like I was walking into the grounds of Hogwarts when we went through the front gate and saw all of the stone buildings. It seems like the builders cared so much about their final product, and that is evident in all of the small parts of the buildings. The windows have beautiful metal hinges and locks. The stone walkways are designed different at every building. The columns of the buildings, along with the walls of some, have gargoyles, angels and animals carved into the stone. Each one slightly different. Some of the buildings have Latin quotes and sayings carved into them, and others have dedications to previous educators and other important people. Even the gutters are fancy. They are copper, or some other dark metal, and the top part that catches the water is a different shape and design on each one. There are chimneys on every building, sometimes in multiples of two and three. Trees and bushes are everywhere, making the quad very relaxing. I am very jealous of all of the students that get to go there, just for the sights. I would love to wake up in the dorm and get to see historical buildings like that every day on my way to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment