Thursday, July 17, 2014

Trains vs Planes

I can't decide which way I prefer to travel: via plane or train. Both are very exciting. Our flights down were interesting, the first lane was tiny and smelled bad; there wasn't a lot of leg space or a need for flight attendant service due to the small size. The second plane, though, was bigger, a smoother ride, had more leg room and awesome stewardess services. On both flights my favorite part was not the accommodation, but the views. It is so neat seeing everything from a bird's eye view. The take off is exhilarating and the landing is fun to judge how well the pilot does. The two train rides we took today were similar to our planes. The first train was incredibly smooth and fast. There wasn't really much of a space difference between the two, and no type of services, which is fine. The second train was loud and bumpy. We sat towards the back of our car, so you could see the car behind us and where it connected. It was crooked. Every time the train would turn or act like it hit a bump the car behind us would slam into ours. But, like with the plane, I really enjoyed the views. I like seeing all of the hills and trees whip past the windows, and then all of the tall buildings once we came out of the tunnel that went under the Hudson River. And as freaky as it was, the connection between the cars was interesting to watch. So there are some parts of riding on a plane and a train that I like, and some that I don't. I certainly can't decide which is my favorite though. Hopefully, I will get to travel a lot in my future, and then I can take both ways of transportation often.

No comments:

Post a Comment